In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Spoke too soon!

Seems I spoke to soon about it cooling down - today was close to a record high for this date - well above 90. 
That hasn't stopped me from getting a little more practice in thankfully.  
As I keep mentioning, Tim has told me that once I stopped initiating the downswing with my entire body and instead started by letting the club fall first, that I would stop missing those drives with high blocks to the right.   I have been struggling though to ingrain this move until a playing partner gave me a wonderful tip this weekend.   I need to think about swinging the club downwards while keeping my back/butt to the target for as long as possible.  (i.e.   keep my back to the target while unhinging my right elbow)   I had one session at the range working on this thought and the initial signs were very encouraging.  The high block to the right is gone and I seem to have gained some distance.   Hopefully it will stick.
The club championship is on two weeks time and that is my number one focus now.   A top 10 finish would be very sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment