In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Sunday, October 10, 2010

Club Championship

We had our club championship this past 3 days.
It was a blast.  I have never experienced such pacy greens.  I believe the greens were running at 13!!  Surprisingly, playing from the tips was not such an issue.  Weather was superb.
This is going to sound funny but given what I shot today but I have never been happier with my ball striking.  I have finally eliminated that horrible big high block to the right with the driver.  It was being caused by a slide towards the target with the left hip on the downswing.   THE DOWNSWING HAS TO BE INITIATED BY LETTING THE CLUB FALL/THE RIGHT ELBOW UNHINGE WHILE REMAINING COILED.
Anyhow, I shot 81/81/87.  I was in 9th place as of this morning but probably finished in the high teens.
In general I'm very happy with my ball striking tee to green.  I had maybe 3 bad swings all weekend.  Alas two of them cost me a 9 on the 11th hole (that's a par 5).
Was disappointed with how I chipped and putted.  In truth I was tentative and a little chicken on the fast greens.  I missed about five 3-footers or less.
Season is winding down.   Only one event of note left - final round of the Green Tour on Nov 6th.   Will take a week off to freshen up and get a few good weeks practice in before that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment