In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Monday, October 25, 2010

Q-School

No I haven't become totally deluded and lost consciousness of what universe I belong in.  However, Q-School has been on my radar for the last week or two for a few reasons.  Firstly, since joining GCoG I have gotten to know some of the tour pros up there and even had the privilege of playing a few rounds with them.   This week is first stage of Q-School and the guys I have met are getting started on what hopefully will be the long road to the PGA Tour or at least a Nationwide Tour card.  Secondly, someone introduced me to a book written a while back by a scratch golfer who decides to pursue his ultimate dream and totally devote himself to a year doing whatever he could to to try earn a tour card.  I just started it but it already looks like a fun read.  Its called "The Fine Green Line" by John Newport.
It gives me some perspective as to how good these guys are that they can perform to such a level under extreme pressure.  I find myself playing in a friendly game with buddies getting nervous over chips off a tight lie when I am playing for nothing.   These guys are playing for their livelihoods and have to somehow manage the nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment