In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June Gloom

Haven't said much on here lately, but there has been quite a bit of golf played. By April I was playing pretty decent - enough that I was lucky enough to win a couple of events at GC of GA. Throughout it all, my short game has been killing me and still is.
To top it all off, I'm now on a bit of a downcycle with the swing. (I've figured out that no matter how much I progress, its all cyclical - it gets to be pretty good for a while and then it gradually slips away, hits rock bottom and then starts to come back again)
This weekend was out Member Member and I played putridly. Tee to green was not too bad, but round the greens was nothing short of abysmal.

My sole goal for the rest of this year is to develop a somewhat plausible short game. Yesterday, I ordered Phil Mickelsons DVD Short Game Secrets. I'm going to see if this can help me develop some sound short game fundamentals and see what happens from there. I'll post a review once I get a chance to watch it.

In the near term, I have a member guest at TPC Sugarloaf this week. Very excited about that - hope I can contribute for my partner. Then Monday I have a qualifier at Atlanta National for the state amateur. I think it'll take 77 to have a shot on what is a very tough track.

No comments:

Post a Comment