In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 2011

I have been terrible about updating the blog this year - shame on me. And its shown in my lack of progress. Handicap is now 4.0 although it has been down to 3.3. 2012 was my target year for hitting scratch so I guess I am stating the obvious now to say I'm not on track.
Ironically, I feel like my swing is getting much more solid, even if the results are not showing on the scorecard.
One key breakthrough I feel has been learning the role of the left hip in the downswing. I have finally learned the need to 'clear the left side'. Its still a very strange feeling for me but once I can trust it on the course, I feel I will be in shape to be a scratch player from tee to green.
However, from 100 yards and in is where its at. My success in improving my chipping, pitching and putting will determine whether I make it or not.
I am going to come up with a plan in the next few weeks for the next 6 months. I will stick to it!!
Next year is scratch or bust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment