In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Friday, March 19, 2010

Good Riddance Winter

Hope I'm not tempting fate but it was glorious here today and I finally got to do some practice over the last couple of days. Found myself hitting balls beside Edoardo Molinari on the range. Seems like a very likeable chap so I hope he does well at Augusta. In any case, I wasn't sure whether to be inspired or realize how inadequate my game is. I'll opt for inspiration :) It truly is phenomenal how well these guys hit it. Interestingly, some of the Georgia Tech guys (who practice at the club too) seem to hit it just as purely. But I digress!

I myself seem to be making a little progress. I'm focusing mostly on ball striking at this time. To this end, I worked on a few things this evening:
  • Maintaining the brace in my right knee/not turing my hips until they are called upon in the backswing. This helps me to keep the club in front of me and not take it too much to the inside.
  • Keeping the right elbow in front of the torso as it hinges on the backswing (again to prevent the club moving too much to the inside/behind me)
  • Starting the downswing by 'letting the club fall', basically unhinging that right elbow.
I actually seemed to be hitting it quite well. Have a lesson in the morning so we will see if I am heading in the right direction with those changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment