In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Intro

I've always (or at least since I first got hooked) dreamed of being a scratch golfer. Right now, I'm a 5.1 index. I have flirted with something in the region of 1.5 a couple of years back but truthfully that was more a factor of a couple of freak good rounds in succession than a a true reflection on the quality of my game. This year I have decided to give it one concerted 'lash' to achieve that long held dream. "Why blog about this?" you may say! Well I figure that it will help me be true to the goal AND also, who knows, perhaps someone else out there may benefit from my experiences. In the days and months ahead, I will describe my efforts and share anything worthwhile learned along the way.
Truth be told, I began planning this journey a couple of months back. The initial task was to come up with high level plan. I have arrived at the following approach in no particular order:
  • Get lessons (from a really good pro)
  • Get into proper physical shape
  • Develop a practice plan
  • Find some playing partners I can learn from
  • Identify my specific weaknesses
  • Join a club with a challenging course and great practice facilities
  • Get the right equipment for me
I will expand on each of these in more detail in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment