In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Elbow Fold

One of the many misconceptions I had about a proper efficent golf swing has always been how the hands and arms should move in the swing relative to the torso/trunk. In fact I would go so far as to say that I initially believed that a golf swing was driven by the hand pulling the club up and behind and then back down to the ball. I'm guessing this is a very common misconception for recreational golfers especially those who teach themselves based on what they see the pros do on TV.
Well, this couldn't be further from the truth. As my ball striking has improved, I think this is the biggest 'Eureka' moment I have had (Thanks Tim).
Rather than try to explain it myself, here is a good article that describes the move.


P.S. Had a very good bunker lesson yesterday which I will describe a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment