In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Proper Physical Shape

One of the tasks I identified as part of getting to scratch was to get in proper physical shape.
To that end, I started P90X on Monday. Its a fairly popular 90 day program that involves an eating plan and daily exercise regimen. Obviously it should help my golf game if I can strengthen my core and also have some more energy at the end of my rounds. Aside from that I really need to do something for the sake of health. My weigh in (part of the program) had me at 190lbs and 31% body fat!! A fit male would have a body fat of not much more than 15%. (Elite athletes can be 5% apparently). The eating plan has 3 phases, the first of which involves a high protein diet.

The first workout I did on Monday Chest & Back still has me sore. I could only manage a measly 5 pullups. In any case, hopefully this program will be a success for me. I'll keep track of my measurements here as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment