In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Qualifier (NOT)

Well, I played in a qualifier for the Georgia State Mid Am at Brickyard Riverside in Macon today. Pretty sure I did not qualify (didn't stick round til everyone finished). I shot 86!! No way to sugar coat it - I did not play well. Hit it well on the range beforehand but could not take it to the course. Course was so long! 4 times I had 5 wood and 3 times hybrids to par 4s after well hit drives. I struggled with the pace of the bermuda greens. Very slow especially compared to the GC of Georgia. Main weakness was iron play. Can't say I hit one good iron all day.
Positives? Hmm - lets see. Chipping and pitching was better and I got up and down from sand twice.
Had 29 putts.
Hit (only) 4 greens.
Hit 8 fairways.

Disappointed with how I struck it to be honest. Just not comfortable with the swing changes. Was way too mechanical trying to experiment with every swing instead of just hitting it. Of the greens I did hit 1 was with a 5 wood and 2 with hybrids. That tells a story.

Need to go back to working on ingraining the swing so that I can do it without so much concentrating on mechanics.

1 comment: