In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pitching solved??

Last time, I mentioned my 'pitching crisis'.
Well, I had a lesson with Tim and I think he has set me right. I haven't fully got it down yet but I think its going to come good.
Basically, I had many flaws.
First of all I need to drastically open the club face. A little closed does not work for pitching.
Secondly, I have to eliminate the hip slide on the back swing. In fact I need to lock that right hip in the back swing. Tim describes it as pre-setting the impact position.
Perhaps, most importantly is how I start the downswing. Like in the full swing, the downswing must begin by a 'falling' straight down of the club. To me this has a feeling of dropping the club behind me onto the ground along my toe line - however in reality because of pivot/rotation the club should make nice impact with this technique.
Had a good session with it at the range today. Had a good degree of success hitting high soft pitches - something I have never been able to do.
So, lets see if I can take it to the course now over the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment