In case you landed here and are wondering what this blog is about - I have decided to create a plan and document my progress towards the objective of attaining a scratch handicap. Hopefully by sharing my progress I will remain disciplined and who knows maybe inspire someone else to achieve their own goals.


Thursday, April 8, 2010

State of Play

(Incidentally that's the name of a good movie I saw last weekend - if your into political thrillers)
Anyhow, I'm about about a month into this venture so I figure its time to take stock of my progress.
  • USGA Handicap is still 5.1.
  • Have had a few lessons and ball striking is improving drastically however I am struggling to take it from the range to the course a little.
  • Equipment wise, I will be going to Reynolds Plantation sometime next month to get fit (on a launch monitor ) for a new driver - I feel sure I am giving up about 20 yards by not being optimized. My launch angle is way too high as is my initial spin rate.
  • I have started to address physical conditioning - will continue to update on that. (P90X)
  • I have NOT yet put together a practice plan. I need to do that starting from Monday next. I need to emphasize pitching, chipping and putting.
Oh and I have a lesson on the sand game tomorrow.
Hopefully by next month I will have started to make some progress in terms of scoring and thus handicap.

No comments:

Post a Comment